Do you have expert competence within bioassay development and in vitro pharmacology? Do you wish to work with preclinical research in a well-funded, science-driven company in central Stockholm?
BioArctic is dedicated to the development of therapies against Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. As Senior Scientist you contribute with theoretical knowledge and laboratory analyses to the development of new biopharmaceutical treatments. Your tasks and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, develop, execute and coordinate in vitro based bioassays for studies of antibodies and proteins e.g. ELISA, electrochemiluminescence assays, cell based potency assays, binding assays, cell based transwell systems
- Proactively work with projects in all phases to handle project specific and scientific issues, including contributing to strategies and stop / go decisions in the projects and managing parts of projects.
- Ensure that the projects are continuously updated with the latest scientific developments in the area, as well as contribute to high scientific competence at both project and company level.
BioArctic offers a highly innovative environment with skilled and dedicated colleagues. Through strategic collaborations with Eisai and AbbVie funding for the largest projects are secured, ensuring a stable work situation and opportunities to expand your expertise.
Location: Kungsholmen, Stockholm
Terms: Open-ended, full-time with BioArctic as employer.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- PhD or corresponding qualifications within a relevant discipline
- Expert knowledge of in vitro pharmacology, i.e. determine the biological effect of proteins and antibodies
- Experience and expert knowledge of bioassay development, i.e. plan, develop, execute, analyze, characterize and optimize methods to ensure sensitivity, specificity, accuracy, precision, detection limits, etc.
- Experience and expert knowledge of bioassays for studies of antibodies and proteins, e.g. ELISA, cell based potency assays, binding assays, cell based transwell systems
- Experience from industrial pharmaceutical development or applied science (e.g. screening)
- Experience from biopharmaceuticals
- Experience from cell culture, e.g. primary neurons and cell lines, and development of cell-based assays
- Fluent written and spoken Swedish
BioArctic values respect, dedication, responsibility and teamwork. As you work in teams and manage parts of projects you need to have strong collaborative and communication skills. You also need to be able to plan, initiate, execute and report your work in an independent and systematic way. We also think that you are a person that can present new and innovative solutions, both in and outside the lab!
Is this you? Welcome with your application!
In this recruitment BioArctic collaborates with the recruitment company Search4S.
For more information about the position, contact Recruitment Consultant Anna Rennermalm, +46 707 94 20 05.
Last application date: 1 February 2019
Selection of candidates & interviews will be conducted continuously (with a break over the holidays), thus submit your application as soon as possible.