Do you have expert knowledge within preclinical Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) modeling? Do you wish to work in a well-funded, research-oriented organisation with highly skilled colleagues? If you also want to contribute to the development of therapies against Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases, come join BioArctic in Stockholm!
As Principal or Senior Scientist you contribute to preclinical projects with your expert knowledge within PK/PD and pharmacokinetics. Your responsibilities and activities will include, but are not limited to:
- Actively contribute with technical and theoretical knowledge to plan, coordinate and analyze results from preclinical in vivo PK studies internally or through external collaborations / contract labs.
- Actively contribute to the design of preclinical in vivo studies (pharmacokinetics, efficacy and toxicology).
- Deliver human dose predictions, develop PK/PD models, and define predicted human therapeutic dose and margins against safety findings.
- Proactively work with projects in all phases to handle project-specific and scientific issues, including contributing to strategies and stop / go decisions in the projects.
- Ensure that the projects are continuously updated with the latest scientific developments in the area, as well as contribute to high scientific competence at both project and company level.
- Create networks and identify external collaboration opportunities and, if necessary, manage such collaborations to deliver maximum value to BioArctic.
BioArctic offers a highly innovative environment with skilled and dedicated colleagues. Through strategic collaborations with Eisai and AbbVie, funding for the largest projects are secured, ensuring a stable work situation and opportunities to expand your expertise.
Location: Kungsholmen, Stockholm
Terms: Open-ended, full-time with BioArctic as employer.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- PhD or corresponding qualifications within a relevant discipline
- Expert knowledge of preclinical pharmacokinetics
- Expert knowledge of preclinical PK/PD modelling
- Experience from planning, coordinating, designing, analysing and interpreting in vivoPK-studies
- Experience from human dose predictions, development of PK/PD models, and defining predicted human therapeutic dose and margins againt safety findings
- Experience from coordinating in vivostudies at external partners/CROs
- More than 5 years of experience and knowledge from drug discovery and development
- Expert knowledge of clinical pharmacokinetics and PK/PD modelling
- Knowledge of neurodegenerative diseases
- Experience from working with biopharmaceuticals
- Experience from ethical applications and interactions with ethical committees for animal studies
- Fluent written and spoken Swedish
BioArtic values respect, dedication, responsibility and teamwork. For this position you need to have strong collaborative and communication skills as well as being able to plan, initiate and execute your own work. You have exceptional skills to identify high-class science and establish new, innovative methods to push projects forward.
Is this you? Welcome with your application!
In this recruitment BioArctic collaborates with the recruitment company Search4S.
For more information about the position, contact
Recruitment Consultant Anna Rennermalm, +46 707 94 20 05.
Last application date: 20 January 2019
Selection of candidates & interviews will be conducted continuously (with a break over the holidays), thus submit your application as soon as possible.