BioArctic Neuroscience has been nominated to SwedenBIO Award 2015. Each year SwedenBIO Award is awarded to a company that serves as a role model in the industry through exceptional achievements in research or business. The winner will be presented at SwedenBIO’s annual meeting on June 4th in Stockholm.
For more information:
Gunilla Osswald, CEO
“It is an honour to have been nominated to the SwedenBIO Award. It has been a great year for BioArctic Neuroscience with significant progress within all reseach and development programs.”.
- BAN2401 Phase IIB study is ongoing in Early Alzheimer´s disease in US, Canada and Europe with up to 800 patients. Our collaboration with Eisai includes Biogen Idec since 2014 in the development and commercialization of BAN2401.
- A follow up compound BAN2401 has been developed.
- A new 3-year research collaboration has been initiated with Eisai on a new target for Alzheimer´s disease.
- BAN0805 a disease modification immunotherapy with encouraging preclinical results has been presented at international conferences during the year.
- Further patents granted in the US.
Complete spinal cord injuries:
- The clinical study in patients with complete spinal cord injury starts with SC0806 which is a combination of the drug FGF1 with a medical device.
- Coordinator of a Horizon2020-project which has been granted 6.4 MEUR (ca 60 MSEK) with collaborators at Karolinska University Hospital and rehabilitation clinics in Stockholm, Denmark and Finland. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 643853.